[Gmecm] Burning 2732

Jared Ryan jryan
Thu Aug 10 08:17:28 UTC 2006

I finally figured it out, after putting it all aside and coming back to
it after a while..

I discovered the Willem forum, on the willem.org Web site, and found some
threads where people were discussing exactly the same issue, with the 2732
chip.

It turns out, after I switched the positions of the jumpers at JP5 and
JP6, the chip burned properly.  Apparently this chip needs much higher
voltage than most to program.

I have not put the chip in the car yet (will do so tomorrow), but the chip
verifies perfectly against the .bin file, so I am hopeful that it will
work well in the ECM.

This is the first EPROM I have ever programmed, so I hope it works.  It is
an unmodified .bin for a 1989 9C1 Caprice, which should be a close match
to my engine to start with.