[Gmecm] Re: Editing Cell Tables

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Fri Aug 11 11:22:33 UTC 2006

"matthew10_5 at netzero.net" <matthew10_5 at netzero.net> wrote:

>If I am to understand this better. Each cell is 400 RPM apart in the VE
>tables. The only adjustment is every 4 hundred RPM and the computer
>averages out everything in between?
>I am specfically needing to zero in at 1900 rpm at 88 Kpa , now is that
>cell going to be the "1600" ?
Some
or is it closer to the "2000" rpm cell.
Mostly.

>Not to confuse the issue further, is 88 Kpa still in the "80" cell
Some
or
>should the "90" cell be used since it is closer to that? ?
Yes, the 90 should be used also, and more of the change should be made to this cell.
>I'm Soooo
>CoNfUsEd. ? ? Fred
Remember that the engien is dynamic, that is, it's always in a state of change.  You need to "spread out" the tune.  If you need to change things at 1800 and 85 kPa, and you only adjust the 90 kPa and 2000 rpm cell, then you may affect fuel (or spark) at 93 kPa and 2100 rpm in a negative way.

Zaphod

>-
>

>Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 12:47:27 -0600
>From: "Programmer" <lwester at lincsat.com>
>Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Editing Cell Tables
>To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
> ? ?reply-type=original
>
>the 'cells' are a 'theoretical load by rpm' grid.
>Why not tune by the actual values ??
>Scan tool attached...look at MAP and RPM.
>
>Lyndon

>>> ADC