[Gmecm] TBI - TPI swap ??

Chris Reynolds red83brick
Mon Aug 21 21:15:26 UTC 2006

Be prepared to lose about 30 ft/lbs of torque under 2,200 RPM with the TPI intake setup over the TBI.

?ke Georgsson <papegoj at telia.com> wrote:  hello my name is ?ke Georgsson and i live in sweden . i?v been a
Subscriber of this list for a loong time now but it?s alittle bit
owerkill for me but im still reading it and get some small popups what
it?s al about .. but far FAR away from say that im understund lots of
what u guys are talking about :-) well it seems in the loong run that
this is a great list and finaly i?v got the use of it

i?v got a projekt that has stoped at a matter that il think u guys can
help me out on so here it comes :

I has got an Old suburban (1995 4 x 4 / 350 / Aut ) and i have
rebuild an ZZZ engine with new pistons , this zzz engine (first
edition) has smaller combustionchabers then stock ( 58 cc ) so the
compression is gonna be little higher then stock ( the aprox
compression ratio 9.73:1 with a 64cc head according to summit ) but my
heads are as smaller . that wouldent be bad cause im planning to run
it on E85 and then i need a higher combustion , well headers also
and a new comb from crane (compucam 2010 ) then to the thing iv know U
can help me out .. the injectionsystem ,, i have an complette >TPI
system a take of from an 1989 Pontiac GTA and i have a set of
bigger injectors ( accel 36 # ?) That i wanna use instead of the stock
oem TBI system i?v had planned to us an megasquirt system to manage
the fuelinjection in run the stock ECM parallel to get the
transmission work right .. i been mailed around on the net and get
alot of persons that says that this ECM i have in the 95 burb is been
hacked down and are able even to run a TPI system ,, the question is
is this thru ? and if so where do i find any instructions how i shall
do ? and the things around that i need to map the chip that i must
customise to make it al run ( even on E85 thats need moore fuel )
is it expensive and where do i find it ?

be gentel please im a good mecanic and know electrics quite good
but as i already told this is alittle bit to owerrated for me NOW ..
but im quick learning and are not afraid of testing new things ..

best regards ?ke