[Gmecm] TBI - TPI swap ??

Per Lonnborg perlon
Mon Aug 28 17:11:04 UTC 2006

dennysweet at charter.net wrote at 2006-aug-22 05:20:

>Tuned Port Injection is pretty impressive to look at but you cant get a lot of power >after 5500 rpm and you lose a great amount of
torque on the lower end of the RPM >scale.

Chris Reynolds [red83brick at yahoo.com] wrote at 2006-aug-22 17:01:

>The problem with TPI is the runners are setup to resonate at around 3,000 RPM, >which greatly improves torque there.   The throttle
response will be slightly better >than the TBI setup, but you will lose a ton of low-speed torque, which is everything >in a heavy
suburban.

Hello!

I just want to ask again if the two statements above is "true" about TPI vs. TBI.
I know (and probably everyone else too) that a stock TPI will lose its power above 5500 rpm due to intake runner diameter and lenght,
thats a fact.

But I was quite surprised that TPI also would lose torque in the lower rpm, compared to a TBI system?
Arent those long, thin runners perfect for low- and middle rpm?

/Per