[Gmecm] TBI - TPI swap ??

Kim Tucker jktucker
Fri Aug 25 02:02:43 UTC 2006

'95 only had about 12 wires that had to be re-routed.

Jake

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of ?ke Georgsson
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 1:45 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Gmecm] TBI - TPI swap ??

hello my name is ?ke Georgsson and i live in sweden  . i?v been a
Subscriber of this list for a loong time now but  it?s alittle bit
owerkill for me  but im still reading it and get some small  popups what

it?s al about .. but far FAR away from  say that im understund  lots of
what u guys are talking about :-)   well it seems in the loong run  that

this is a  great list and finaly i?v got the use of it

i?v got a projekt that  has stoped at  a matter that il think u guys can

help me out on  so here it comes  :

I has got an Old  suburban  (1995  4 x 4 /  350  / Aut  )  and i have
rebuild an  ZZZ engine  with new pistons    , this zzz engine (first
edition)  has  smaller  combustionchabers then  stock  ( 58 cc )  so the

compression is gonna be  little higher then stock ( the aprox
compression ratio 9.73:1 with a 64cc head according to summit )  but my
heads are as smaller  . that wouldent be  bad cause  im planning to run
it on E85   and then i need a higher combustion  , well  headers  also
and a new comb from crane (compucam 2010 ) then to the thing iv know  U
can help me out  .. the injectionsystem ,,  i have an  complette  >TPI
system  a take of from an  1989 Pontiac GTA   and i have a set of
bigger injectors ( accel 36 # ?) That i wanna use instead of the stock
oem TBI system   i?v had planned to us an megasquirt system to manage
the fuelinjection  in run the  stock ECM  parallel  to get the
transmission work right  .. i been mailed around  on the net and  get
alot of  persons that says that this  ECM i have in the 95 burb is been
hacked down and are able even to run a TPI system  ,, the  question is
is this thru ? and if so  where do i find any instructions how i shall
do  ?  and  the things around that i need to map the chip that  i must
customise  to  make it al run ( even on  E85  thats need  moore fuel )
is it expensive and where do i find it ?

 be gentel please   im a good mecanic  and know electrics quite good
but as i already  told this is alittle bit to owerrated for me NOW ..
but im quick learning and  are not afraid of testing new things  ..

 best regards   ?ke