[Gmecm] TBI and EFE

Terminal Crazy Terminal_Crazy
Fri Dec 1 20:04:47 UTC 2006

On 01 Dec, Jared Ryan <jryan at caminofx.org> wrote:
> I just did a little reading on carburetor icing - perhaps it is
> happening a little bit, even though the ambient air is above freezing.
> Hmmm.

> I notice that it starts instantly cold and runs pretty well overall.
> It's  just a rough idle when it has warmed up that is bothering me.

My '78 305 & 350 had a Holley 600cfm with the choke mechanism removed and a
aluminium street scoop. In cold damp weather, it would idle / drive rough
if driven straight away for upto 20 minutes or so. Letting it idle for 3/4
minutes then stopping it for a  minute always made it run sweet. I always
attributed this to carb icing but never actually knew if this for sure.

Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6          terminal_crazy at sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Lancashire England          http://www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk/terminal_crazy/