[Gmecm] TBI conversion

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Sat Dec 2 15:38:00 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: bcroe at juno.com
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:09 PM
Subject: [Gmecm] TBI conversion

My understanding is EFI cars have true MAP sensors, but
CCC engines have a sensor referenced to air pressure (as
opposed to absolute zero pressure), is that right?

Bruce Roe

I don't believe this is universally true across all carbureted vehicles.  It's been a few years since I needed to remember Carby Car details, but I believe later CCC vehicles moved toward MAP sensors.