[Gmecm] TBI and EFE

Terminal Crazy Terminal_Crazy
Sat Dec 2 08:44:44 UTC 2006

On 01 Dec, Jared Ryan <jryan at caminofx.org> wrote:
> It still idles rough after driving at 65 mph for 30 miles.  It is,
> however, sucking in air from right behind the driver-side headlight, so
> the intake air is effectively at ambient temperature.  It isn't getting
> the benefit of intake air heated by the radiator.

> I am using a 195-degree thermostat, incidentally.  The ECM is a 1228746
> with an unmodified '89 9C1 Caprice 350 chip.

> I'll see if resetting the minimum air helps any, but after your response
> and Rick's I bet I need that heat stove to make it run sweet.

Just try stopping the motor for 30 seconds or so after a short run and see
if it allows any heat to transfer. It always cleared up. It was also worse
in wet weather rather than just cold presumably due to the higher water
content in the air freezing up the carb.

HTH

Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6          terminal_crazy at sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Lancashire England          http://www.sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk/terminal_crazy/