[Gmecm] Re: 4 cyl mod for DIS?

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Sun Dec 17 04:15:47 UTC 2006

>The double notch is just for synchronizing to TDC #1, so the 7 tooth
>wheel is really a 6 tooth wheel. Of these 6 pulses, a 6 cylinder DIS
>passes every other pulse to the ECM and a 4 cylinder DIS passes every
>third pulse.
>With that logic, it would take a 12 tooth wheel to work an 8 cylinder
>DIS... the 8 cylinder module would pass every third, the 6 cylinder
>every fourth and the 4 cylinder every 6th.

  I agree with that. But the DIS module still needs to know which coil to fire and still translates the signal for the ecm. And interestingly enough the late model sequential multiport injection GM engines all use a 24x signal. It's actually a 8 tooth wheel with the other 16 pulses calculated by either the ecm or module depending on the year and engine.

  I feel a huge GM DIS thoery discussion coming on.