[Gmecm] re 4 cyl mod for dis

Peter Jenkins info
Sun Dec 17 21:17:35 UTC 2006

I have actually fitted the 4cyl dis on a Toyota engine and  I drilled the holes in the flywheel my understanding was that the six holes were located with one at tdc and a seventh at 10 btdc for the module mode: if you wanted to run two modules and ecu's then you could drill another set of holes closer to the centre of the flywheel and have another crank sensor .
By the way I am running my jag v12 using two 6 cyl dis packs and two 1227808 ecu's and have had this discussion before on this sight and the forum .
With the 8cyl why not just use the ecu and dis pack already made to do the job ?
the 12 cyl does not have the hard ware ! if I use one ecu and two sensors you half the rpm capacity by doubling the rpm seen by the ecu, I have a test bench set up to try it all out.if someone can come up with a component to double the est output and split it two ways then the problem is solved .then can use two modules two crank sensors to time the dis packs and est then cuts in and times both dis packs by only using one crank sensor .have put a circuit diagram at this link
http://gmecm.mine.nu/viewtopic.php?t=44
http://www.diy-efi.org/twiki/bin/viewfile.pl/Gmecm/Running2DisPacksOff1Ecu?rev=1;filename=ECU_wiring.jpg
> Peter Jenkins
> 10336 Murray River Rd