[Gmecm] Re: Gmecm Digest, Vol 22, Issue 32

David Allen davida1
Sun Dec 31 01:59:33 UTC 2006

  I had planned to fully utilize the VVT - will be another challenge I look
forward to learning from.
  Haven't taken it to the track because there are no tracks here that I know
of; and I'm not in the loop of people locally to make such an outing.  That
day will come however.
  I'm using a Tech Edge 2B0 datalogger for this car.  Nothing high-tech; I
have to review the data in Excel and adjust the tables manually.
  As for the VVT; I can build a controller which will look at cam reference
and crank reference and hold the VVT at whatever position is commanded.
This could take a duty-cycle signal from the ECM.  It could possible use the
PWM output, and table in the BIN originally for EGR to allow an older ECM to
work. Something to think about anyway.
  I'd rather not have an MSD system unless it is necessary.  It was
necessary with the distributor but I bet DIS will be strong enough as-is.
  Thanks!
David