[Gmecm] GM 1227730 ECM and Wideband o2 Question

Justin justin justin_email
Tue Feb 7 04:18:57 UTC 2006

  I have heard from several people that you can adapt a wide band o2 sensor to the 730 ecm.  I guess they use an o2 that has a narrow band and wideband port and they plug the wide band part into an analog port in the ecm and modify the code somehow to read the wideband for tuning.  The ECM doesnt use the o2 input or anything but the analog port sends data so you can see where you are at in all throttle ranges.  Have any of you guys heard of this?  If so which o2 sensors do you recommend for this application?  Thanks - Justin