[Gmecm] ALDL software

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Wed Feb 8 20:14:12 UTC 2006

Look on the gmecm page, under ECM info, for a link to ALDLstuff.zip or
something like that.  The format of the ALDL datastreams for most (all?)
production cars are in there, with that info you can make up a
definition file for one of the free ALDL tools.

Tuning is something different, though.

Sounds like your ECM is a one-off, though, so its ALDL and mask are
likely to be different from anything stock, meaning ALDLstuff.zip may
not be much help.

--steve

________________________________

	From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org
[mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Cletrac at comcast.net
	Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 6:43 PM
	To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
	Subject: [Gmecm] ALDL software

	I am runnind a Quad 4 powered Midget using a 16156450 ECM from a
92 B.O.P. I have an ALDL interface box and am looking for the correct
software to
	communicate with the ECM and ultimately I would like to "decode"
the MEMCAL programming. I can make duplicate chips without a problem but
I would like to "read" what is on them. The original programming for the
engine was done by Oldsmobile Motor Sports back in about 1990 at the
Chili Bowl.

	Thanks

	Dave

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.