[Gmecm] dual tank issue

barryhanas at netscape.net barryhanas
Sat Feb 11 01:22:25 UTC 2006

I would look at a 3500 crew cab up to about 90 91 on the right frame rail at the back of the cab switch valve 4 in 2 out  made of some type of plastic .I work at a wrecking yard so I picked up a fresh truck with 2 tanks did not look at the switch on the dash but there was several wires on the valve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Rumberger <perfdyn at cwnet.com>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:44:19 -0800
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] dual tank issue

The information I have is the 87-91 carbureted & TBI trucks used a 4
terminal dual pole dual throw rocker switch (D7089C - #15599081) and a motor
type switch-over valve(not solinoid) that included a fuel level sender
switching circuit and switch-over current control (#15548879). This system
was very similar to the previous carbureted trucks with the exceptions of
the rocker switch no longer is a momentary type switch and once the
switch-over valve is in commanded position, the unnecessary current flow is
ended by an switch and diode circuit within the switch-over valve itself.
The left & right fuel level circuit switching is handled internally by the
switch-over valve.