[Gmecm] speed sensor and trans question for carb to TBI swap

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Sun Feb 12 21:47:10 UTC 2006

________________________________

	From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org
[mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Cory Frey
	Sent: Sunday, February 12, 2006 1:29 PM
	To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
	Subject: [Gmecm] speed sensor and trans question for carb to TBI
swap

	Hello all I have tried searching through the archives for this
question but I have not had any luck .  I am converting an 82 c10 truck
with a 350 SB and a 350 turbo hydromatic trans (non lock) over to a TBI
setup. I am still in the "gathering all the components stage" to do
this. I have got just about all of what I need except for a speed sensor

There are inline speed sensors that you can use that will allow your
cable driven speedo to still work.  You should be able to find what you
need at www.jagsthatrun.com, they have a variety of VSS sensors.

	I have not been able to find much info on a speed sensor to add
to my setup.  Do most people leave these out on their conversions?

	Also since my trans is the non lock up flavor. How do I shut
that feature off in the ECM? I have the CATS RT tuner software and the
Romulator II. Is it just a matter of turning the error code switch off?

	(1227747 ECM)

There's no error code with TCC, just leave that wire disconnected.
There's no feedback that allows the computer to tell if the TCC is
functioning or even connected.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.