[Gmecm] speed sensor and trans question for carb to TBI swap

Ne14RoxCJ ne14roxcj
Mon Feb 13 00:59:14 UTC 2006

The speed sensor is an optical sensor mounted in the back of the
speedometer. It is attached to a blue/green buffer box (about 2"x3" with 3
wires about 8" from the speedometer) which then sends the signal to the ECM
and the cruise control module. If your '82 has cruise control, this should
all be there already. There is a place on the buffer box to plug in the wire
from the ECM. If you find that you don't have any of this in your truck,
look for one at the salvage yard. I am almost positive that your speedometer
will have the hole for the sensor to mount in even if it doesn't have the
sensor. I just packed one away last night as I am in the process of moving.
I could possibly dig it out and get a part number if you need it, but I
think the salvage yard would be the best place to look.

Beau

  _____