[Gmecm] TBI Swap - Iron Duke Tech IV

Robert W Hughes rwhughe
Thu Feb 16 06:42:09 UTC 2006

> My crankshaft on my engine looks like that, that little "gear wheel" is
> used by the DIS, right?  =D  If so, I'm all set for that... and the only
> problem is now, is that I think i cut off the fuel relay/etc part of the
> harness.... no big deal though I'll just resplice it after I retrieve it
> from the Junkyard  :)

I screwed up a little here, I think. The Tech4 has the Gm FWD bell
housing rather than the small block V8 pattern, and the DIS engine has
the port for the sensor rather tha a distributor hole so you would need
the later block to use the DIS but it would not bolt to a V8 pattern
bell housing. The timing wheel on the crank has only 7 slots, six evenly
spaced and one offset from one of these by 10 degrees. The gear looking
wheel in the picture is probably the drive gear for the balance
shaft/oil pump assembly in the late blocks.

Ludis's website lists the earlier ecms for this engine with a
distributor which might be the way to go.
--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering
rwhughe at oplink.net