[Gmecm] TBI Swap - Iron Duke Tech IV

Denny dennysweet
Mon Feb 20 02:54:51 UTC 2006

I put a dis motor in a truck once, just unplugged the cps and put a dist. in
it. Changed from sfi to tbi. But never the other way and the truck already
had a tbi in it.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Andrew Gibson
  Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:45 PM
  To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
  Subject: [Gmecm] TBI Swap - Iron Duke Tech IV

  >Timing should never be restricted by the physical
  >constraints of the rotor/terminal relationship.  A little
  >rotor phasing can fix that.  Bruce Roe
  Rotor phasing is an issue with a distributor. If you look at the spark
tables in a DIS vs Distributor setup you can see the limitations. At no load
cruise you want a lot of adavance and at WOT high rpms you want very little
to none. Just the physical design of the distributor cap prevents major
changes from no advance to full advance or the spark will jump to the
previous tower.
  >The functions of the four pins in the four wire
  >connector of the distributor is exactly the same as
  >the DIS module. I would bet that the electrical
  >connector is the same.

  Yes the functions are the same. However the connector has more pins (5 to
8) on a DIS module and the wires are in a different order. But hey, that
never stopped anyone here before has it?
  For the message board: Has anyone out there done a sucessful dis to
distributor conversion and had the engine run REALLY well after changing the
spark tables to match the distributor setup? I've yet to hear or find
anything. In thoery it should work but Murphey loves to attack non oem
stuff.

  Yahoo! Mail