[Gmecm] Geting rid of electronic transmission.

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Tue Feb 28 16:40:27 UTC 2006

	From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org
[mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of JD
	Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:22 AM
	To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
	Subject: [Gmecm] Geting rid of electronic transmission.

	The experts on this list are usually way over my head, so who
better to ask?
	I just bought a 94 K1500 Chevy pickup with a blown 4l60E
transmission.
	I have a high performance/towing 700R4 4x4 trans with only a
couple miles on it.
	Question is will this screw up the computer if I don't connect
the transmission wiring.
	I planned to change to the TV cable and correct TBI from a 92.
	The trans is setup with TCC to automatically engage in OD unless
I manually shut it off.
	The ecm is 16196395 BJLH.
	I need to know if the 4 inputs wires on the trans affect the
engines outputs or are they strictly for
	transmission control.
	They are:
	B4 5v ground
	F1 trans mode A
	E5   "      "      B
	E4    "     "      C
	The 700R4 Cost over $1600 to have built and I don't like the
record of the 4L60E's anyway.
	Think it will work?
	JD

JD, you might be blazing new ground here.  Try it to see if it works.
If not think about switching to a manual calibration/computer.  My
Blazer briefly was wired so that TCC locked immediately in 4th gear
because the transmission guy thought it was a good idea.  You'll end up
in 4th with the TCC locked at 1000 rpm and the only way to unlock it is
to give enough gas to force a shift to 3rd.  Didn't work well for me for
around town driving, that's for sure.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.