[Gmecm] Geting rid of electronic transmission.

Danny Sauer diy-efi
Tue Feb 28 18:41:32 UTC 2006

Steve wrote regarding 'RE: [Gmecm] Geting rid of electronic transmission.' on Tue, Feb 28 at 10:42:
> If not think about switching to a manual calibration/computer.  My
> Blazer briefly was wired so that TCC locked immediately in 4th gear
> because the transmission guy thought it was a good idea.  You'll end up
> in 4th with the TCC locked at 1000 rpm and the only way to unlock it is
> to give enough gas to force a shift to 3rd.  Didn't work well for me for
> around town driving, that's for sure.

That (auto lock when shifting to 4th) feature of the 200-4R in my
(wife's) Chevelle is the most annoying thing *ever*.  Possibly even
more annoying than the skipshift "feature" on the performance cars
that had that.  It so infuriated me that I finally programmed a
microcontroller to read from the speed sensor (electric speedometer
conversion) and to cut power to the tranny until the car gets over a
certain speed.  Being unable to pass without downshifting in town when
I'm driving a ~3500 lb vehicle with 3.73s and a 373HP V8, well, that's
just unacceptable. :)

--Danny