[Gmecm] Using a 1227748 ecm for fuel conrol only

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Thu Jan 5 14:15:53 UTC 2006

I'm curious as to if  the 1227748 ecm (2.5L ohv 4cyl w/dis) could be used for fuel control only on a inline 4.2L 6cyl. What I want to know is can will the ingnition module send the crank signal to the ecm without the reference pulse? (The 7th notch) Or should I use a later model ignition module from a 6 cyl to get the signal there. And will the ecm send fuel without  the 7th notch? I would really like to use the distributor pickup but continue using my current spark setup. And I'm going for the 1bbl tbi because I want efi without spending $800 on an intake, exhaust header and 3 carb adapters to put the 4.3L tbi on.