[Gmecm] Using a 1227748 ecm for fuel conrol only

jeeps2creep at mchsi.com jeeps2creep
Thu Jan 5 15:39:39 UTC 2006

Hello Andrew , as of now I would have to say yes. My reasoning behind this is
you are going to have to program a prom chip anyway for the 4.2L. You will need
to change out the limp home chip also but you can get these from any junk yard
but in the same thought if you wish you can leave the 4cyl in there and just
not worry about it, I do because I have not been able to get a chip programmed
yet. So when I try to flash one I use the limp home chip alot, LOL or I put my
Howell chip back in. Just got pocket programmer 2 yesterday so soon will figure
out the programs. As far as the slot 7 ecm pick up goes I use howell's 50.00
inline voltage/spike chip thingy. It has 3 wires on it and they go into a
secretive shirink wrap tube over a pcb board. (asked on board how to make but
no response yet).  1)wire is black and goes to ground, the other 2 wires are
red and white, the white wire goes to the negative side of the coil(I have a
HEI one wire)and the red will go to the ecm pick up which should be the ecm
pick up as you stated. Thats how howell does it or what I've seen. Hope this
helps and all of this is not written ion stone either. You got me thinking
again as far as ecm goes but all should be fine, I have taken my howell chip
out and installed it into um-teen different ecms and run them. They all have
run fine. Anyway let me know how things turn out.