[Gmecm] Re:Catera was Class2 DIY tools?

Phillip Kuhn pmkls1
Thu Jan 12 21:39:59 UTC 2006

I got so wrapped up in talking the catera I forgot to
hit on the Trofeo. I actually liked them. They were
some great looking and running cars. The only thing
that was wrong with them was that they had some
strange electrical anomolies that existed in them that
could really mess with you. The engineers at GM even
didnt want to mess with them and they came out with a
ridiculous bulletin that addressed the communications
codes that they would set and they pointed the finger
at basically any module in the car. I got into body
electronics long after the Trofeo was around but I did
deal with them from time to time. Most of the time
though the customer didnt want to pay for any extra
diagnostics charges to find the cause so I didnt spend
much time diagnosing them.