[Gmecm] GM Trans Pressure Adaptive memory question

Mike V efi
Sat Jan 14 03:38:45 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,
I think I shot myself in the foot.  My 2000 Impala has a 3800 engine
and 4t65e trans.  The trans is acting wierd from a line pressure
standpoint.  Shifting really hard at times, slipping at others..
After doing a little reading, I realized that I may have caused
this problem myself by ignoring a "low tire" idiot
light, which I think was caused by a bad wheel speed sensor.
My tire pressures are fine.
In reading a little about it there are memory cells for adapting
  line pressure up or down, depending on how the speed sensors
report during / after gear changes.
Is there a way to clear this tranAdaptivePresure memory (TAP?)
without a scan tool?   Thanks for any help.  I hope I didn't kill
the daily driver.
Mike V