[Gmecm] sound card crankshaft signal generator

Darrin Garrett mrgrimes1
Mon Jul 3 06:20:52 UTC 2006

Well like I said it does not have a cam signal so you would not be able to use this until I implement it.  The cam signal needs to be synchronized to a specific cylinder, I guess I could make in configurable to be any of the cylinders, because I do not have the over lapping wave forms for the DIS and 24x crank shaft signals.

  I have a USB external sound card at work and I will bring it home to see if I can add the cam signal.

  Basically how it works it I dynamically create an audio stream representing the discrete wave form every 40ms using a GUI control as the input for RPM and stream this audio out the sound card.  The signal level is about -1V to +1V peak to peak and I need to run this through a comparator circuit to change the levels to 0VDC to 5 or 12VDC for the hall effect type sensors ( LS1 and Northstar 24x 2001 and newer).  for the reluctant sensor types I will run it through a 555 single shot circuit that fires on every negative edge.

  I was not going to do all this work if no one was interested.

  Heck yea!

Send me the details, plus whatever you have done so far..

Thanks!
Matt Teagarden