[Gmecm] Stoich AFR and constants table

Per Lonnborg perlon
Tue Jul 4 12:02:40 UTC 2006

Thanks Craig for answering,

I will try to be a little more clear:

My question regarding on-the-fly tuning was if all *ECM CONSTANTS* can be changed on-the-fly. Since they are constants I thougt that the
ECM maybe just read some of these constants just once, perhaps when ignition comes on, or even just after a complete Power On/Off?

Seems to me a bit strange why the ECM would have routines to traverse all these constanst over and over when they normally are just,
constants. On the other hand, MF#1 and MF#2 tables are in a way "constants" as well, but in this case the ECM has to lookup the right cell
depending on which condition the motor is in.

I am NO expert on this, so please be patient with my thinkings! :-)

Why is ask is because of this: When I switched to the BIN with altered Stoich AFR the engine went extremely lean after about 5 minutes
from startup. I also got the 44 O2 lean Flag, which I newer had before. I then switched back to my "normal" BIN (engine still running), but
the very lean condition continued. Thats what I meant with my "bad" ALDL-readings.
(Mind you, this is not actually the on-the-fly tuning mentioned above, I use your "stacked BIN option with the 8-BIN switch)

Does any other know more about the Stoich AFR Constant and what it does?

I hope this will clear something about my thinkings!

/Per