[Gmecm] 1227730 ECM Compatable Knock Sensors

Andrew G. gmecm
Tue Jul 11 02:26:39 UTC 2006

>From what I understand, the primary component of a knock signature is a
function of bore size.
I'd get a KS with the most similar bore size, for the '730 computer.

Also for the 730 the KS filtering is done on the memcal.  I'd pick up the
same memcal and use it as a starting point as well...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin justin" <justin_email at lycos.com>
To: <gmecm at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 1:06 PM
Subject: [Gmecm] 1227730 ECM Compatable Knock Sensors

  I am doing an EFI conversion on my Cadillac 472 using the 1227730 ECM and
need a knock sensor that would be closest in cubes to work with my motor.  I
was thinking of using one from a 454 but I have heard that they will not
work with the 1227730 is this true?  Does anyone know of any knock sensors
from a chevy 454 app will work with a 1227730 ecm?  Thanks - Justin