[Gmecm] MAP and Vac

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Tue Jul 18 11:51:56 UTC 2006

The relationship Andrew described is correct.

What is the lowest value allowed by the code for vacuum?  It appears that vacuum at WOT is limited by software values.  The vacuum reading should be zero with key on and engine off.

MAP and vacuum are equally effective as indicators of load.  My guess as to the reason for the vacuum based table is that it was imported from an older version of code written when engineers were more likely to use vacuum based units.

Zaphod