[Gmecm] TBI 350

Per Lonnborg perlon
Thu Jul 20 08:23:00 UTC 2006

Hi Jared and all others,

I am no expert on this but what about this:

Is your engine running in closed loop on idle? (when it runs bad and spits out black smoke)

My 350 TBI did not run in closed loop at idle until I changed some constants. I did not have that much over-rich condition like you seem
to have, but my emission (carbon monoxide) readings were to high at the annual Veichle inspection test. After letting it go into closed
loop at idle, the ECU (O2 sensor) compensated and my emission rdings went OK.

If not, wouldnt it be just that the tables and constants dealing with idle has to be altered to get a more leaner mixture??

Or have I missed something, does the IAC works like a "non-closed-loop-sensor"?
I dont think so, I guess the IAC just adjust so that idle RPM is OK?

As I said, I am no expert on this, so please correct me if I am wrong.

/Per
Stockholm, Sweden