[Gmecm] Sunbird/$58 ALDL protocol

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Sun Jun 4 15:29:16 UTC 2006

Hi Robin,

The $58 code is very timing sensitive.  It's been a while since I've played
with it so the details are a bit fuzzy,  but as I remember you have to send
a mode change within a couple hundred milliseconds of the 'chatter' packet
to get it to shut up and start taking commands.  Once you change mode it'll
respond OK to your commands until it times out aned returns to 'chatter'
mode.  Do you have the Turbo-P4 doc?  It's spelled out pretty well in there,
look for 'turbo_p4' or something like that on incoming.

Best,

Bill