[Gmecm] Acquiring ECM schematic

Burntkat@sc.rr.com burntkat
Thu Jun 8 22:36:23 UTC 2006

That's when they introduce you to one of the Sales Droids--
"While we're waiting for that info, why don't we go look around the lot at
some of the new models?"

-Signed,
former GM sales droid

Seriously, on all accounts. You don't expect them to care about keeping old
models on the road, do you? That doesn't keep GM afloat. But then, neither
does their management OR business model, from the looks of things...

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Ryan Hess
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 4:25 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Gmecm] Acquiring ECM schematic

As sort of an aside, GM stopped making/supporting the 1228331 ECM found on
ZR1 vettes and the turbo lotus.  There was another part # that superceeded
it, but I believe it too had been discontinued.  What are those people to
do?  They don't exist in junkyards (I've looked), and there's *one* on ebay
for nearly $600.  If GM doesn't release the schematic for it, wouldn't they
be out of luck?