[Gmecm] Acquiring ECM schematic

William Lucke william.lucke
Fri Jun 9 17:19:45 UTC 2006

The secretive environment may stem in part from EPA regulations. I
mentioned DIY ECM programming to Allen Cline once and he commented that
GM had no licensed anyone to do anything with the code and said that
providing me with an uncertified program for the Cadillac Northstar
could cost him his job, because it would amount to a violation of EPA
regulations regarding MFG's putting out non-emissions compliant info/parts.

Heaven forbid that 0.0000000002% of cars on the road have tweaked
ECM's... Typical government bullshit.

Will