[Gmecm] Acquiring ECM schematic

Ryan Hess rgmecm
Sat Jun 10 17:58:01 UTC 2006

Lets try this again...  my first message bounced from the mail server.

I may have acquired an 8331.  Anybody wanna see what's inside?  :D
Anybody want anything specific done?  I was thinking about taking high res
pics, and putting them up on the DIY-EFI ftp or something.  Don't know
how, but I don't have it yet...  I'm trying to get the wiring diagram
as well.

in re: the OBDII...  All we really need is someone to leak the source
code for one.

Ryan

davesnot

davesnothereman at netscape.net wrote: AFAIK The 8331 guys have to stick together.  When Chevrolet announced
no more parts for the ZR1 everything suddenly disappeared.  I suppose
the guys who can afford that car can also afford the parts?  It must be
really tough if you're not a resident of the US.

I have to think the wise answer is to move on to the next generation of
engine control hardware, at least for us.  The later pcm's have more of
everything... but we really aren't using them.  Why?  Same old story.
Not enough info about the code, not enough tools to work with them.

It's really, really too bad that GM / Delco / Delphi never saw fit to
release a reasonably priced aftermarket ecm.  Even an "offroad only"
limited function code for a specific OBDII pcm would have been nice.

Zaphod