[Gmecm] Big cap HEI on 7747

Andrew Gibson andrewsharyn
Thu Jun 15 12:57:50 UTC 2006

>I agree it fires at the threshold.  But the point is, the
>threshold is very near the polarity crossover voltage
>(zero) relative to the signal amplitude.  So amplitude
>variations (due to temp, velocity, etc) have negligible
>effect on timing.  There are no perfect circuits out
>there, and I won't have time to measure how close
>that threshold is to zero for a while.  Maybe you know?

  I don't know exactly. It will vary according to the mfr of the module (Patent rights) and
  which transistor they used. Whatever it is it will be low, but must be over 100mV to
  prevent accidental firing from ignition noise. I do know that if you turn a dist by hand at
  about 5-10 rpm it will fire. So you can rest assured that it will be producing spark as
  soon as the engine moves.