[Gmecm] Big cap HEI on 7747

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Mon Jun 19 05:39:54 UTC 2006

I don't know, but I did some digging.  Here's a monthly archive that
contains a post from Bruce Plecan:

http://diy-efi.org/diy_efi/archive/archive_num_98

Search for "triggered", the second occurance should be his post, which
claims that advance is 1.5 degress per 1000 RPM.

The IC is a motorola MC3334, datasheets are probably floating around
even though the part is obsolete.  The SAE paper is SAE 750346 -- HEI-A
New Ignition System Through New Technology.

Here's a WWW page with some information, including a block
diagram/schematic of the trigger circuit:

http://www.cyberdave.org/HEICoilInfo.html

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.