[Gmecm] CTS and MAT lookup differences

Robin Handley Robin
Sat Jun 17 12:49:10 UTC 2006

Comparing the CTS and MAT lookup arrays and comments in ANHT/$8D and
Sunbird/$58 hacks that I have, I'm a bit confused:

o The ANHT 4k array shows A/D values increasing (from the top down): 1, 6,
22, and up by 16 (note: first step not 16)
o The ANHT 348R array shows A/D values increasing (from the top down): 0,
16, 32, and up by 16

Is the hack right? If so, why the difference in A/D values? Is it to cope
with high CTS non-linearity at high temperatures? Is it unreasonable of me
to assume that all 17 element A/D lookup arrays map to A/D values of equal
steps (i.e. 16)? :-)

If I understand A/Ds correctly (that they measure the voltage across the
sensor), then I can understand why the A/D value decreases when the
resistance of the sensor decreases - which is when the temperature of a
thyrister increases. So, I expect to see high temperatures for low A/D
values and low temperatures for high A/D values. This is how the ANHT CTS
arrays are set up in the hack that I have, and I'm happy that their
behaviour is consistent with this.

However, in the ANHT hack that I have, the ANHT MAT array shows low
temperatures at the top and shows low A/D values there too. Can this be
right? The Sunbird hack that I have shows high values at the top.

Also, the Turbo P4 doc says that MAT in deg C comes straight from the A/D
value. Is this right?

Robin