[Gmecm] Shift light

Robin Handley Robin
Sun Jun 25 22:40:05 UTC 2006

Thanks Andrew! :-)

I've had Ludis' cross-reference for a long time, but had never done much
with it except compare 727 pin definitions with other sources. The other
sources described more pins.

Given the thirdgen.org cross-reference, it seems odd to me that Ludis'
cross-reference lumped the 730 and 749 together. There's probably more to
this than I currently understand.

Anyway, thanks to your help, I've put some effort into creating my own
cross-reference (of pins I care about), compiled from several sources and
backed up by my own experiences. The mapping 727->730->749->727 has produced
a result which is fully compatible with my practical experience. I.e. that
everything I had wired up and working for $8D, worked for $58 (with the
exception of the Fan 1/Fan 2 swap, and it would seem that the 730 and 749
didn't have a 2nd Fan so I can forgive that). This includes ALDL, which is
one of the ones listed on the thirdgen.org link, but comes back to the same
727 pins. However, as you brilliantly pointed out, the shift light pin
moves, and tracks back to 727 pin A19. I can't wait to try this in the
morning. :-)

Looks like the only other connections that I need to think twice about, when
I move to injection, are the injector pins.

Thanks,

Robin

P.S. I'll post a follow up message reporting the result of my test!