[Gmecm] converting dist and DIS

Ryan Hess rgmecm
Wed Mar 1 16:52:12 UTC 2006

I'm curious as to what would be a desireable minimum and maximum value  for a DIS V8?  Currently I have it set up to -6 deg and -86  deg.  I wanted to ensure that I wouldn't have to deal with firing  on the wrong cylinder, so I made sure I didn't set it above 90 degrees,  but this thinking must be flawed since $A1 uses -70  degrees........  Maybe it's minimum - maximum < crank degrees  between firings?  I don't know, any thoughts on what would be  ideal?

  Ryan

Steve Ravet <Steve.Ravet at arm.com> wrote:  Obviously we need to
use some limits more appropriate to the DIS ignition system.  A simple
check of Rob Rauscher's extremely helpful $A1 disassembly shows a
maximum value of -9.9 deg and a minimum value of -70 deg.  Be
warned:    These are 16 bit 2's complement numbers.  They appear in a
binary as $FFE4 and $FF39, respectively.