[Gmecm] Re: Geting rid of electronic transmission.

Burntkat@sc.rr.com burntkat
Fri Mar 3 04:50:33 UTC 2006

THANK YOU, thank you, thank you-- for saving me time typing this.

So glad someone else, with obviously more knowledge than myself on the
issue, corrected that completely erroneous post.

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf
Of Danny Sauer
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:25 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Re: Geting rid of electronic transmission.

davesnothereman wrote regarding 'Re: [Gmecm] Re: Geting rid of electronic
transmission.' on Thu, Mar 02 at 17:40:
> >> Where did this idea come from that the cooler only work in tcc
> >> mode?
> From a GM trans class, based on observed fluid flow.

Ask for a refund. :)

In this transmission class, did they go over the main cause of
transmission failure?  It's heat.  Thinking back, we might recall that
the torque convertor, when run below its stall speed, is slipping a
lot.  This slippage both causes a lot of heat (see #1 cause of
transmission failure, above) and shear degredation of the transmission
fluid - causing decreased ability to lubricate.  That makes heat.  I
refer back to "#1 cause" again here.