[Gmecm] Soliciting Advice

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Thu Mar 9 05:17:20 UTC 2006

> When I link with Diacom, or any scanner for that matter, the
> engine goes into a mode where the spark is advanced and the
> idle is increased. Can this ecm be configured so that it
> operates the same when linked as it does when not linked?

What you want is open mode.  What you are describing is shorted mode (or
diagnostig, or some mode other than open).  This has to do with what
resistance (if any) the scan tool connects across the A and B pins of
the ALDL.  Try to find a setting like that in your scan tool.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.