[Gmecm] a question of timing

David Allen davida1
Mon Mar 13 16:18:22 UTC 2006

  If memory serves me correctly yes it is +5V.
  The tach signal has to be a clean, electronic signal. I tried to use
several different circuits to make a points system work in this manner and
it took some very complex filtering circuitry to prevent multiple triggering
as the points "bounced." What sort of ignition setup do you have that will
provide the signal?
  Later,
David

> Thanks David,
> the reason I ask, is I have a 12v tach signal available in a swap I'm
doing.
> Using a transistor, I was hoping to create the needed 5 volt square-wave
> for a 7749 to manage only the fuel.  Thanks for the detail on the low side
> of the signal.    I'm correct in the"high" being +5 (ish), yes?
> Thanks
> Mike V
>
> At 07:45 AM 3/13/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>
> >   Ok- The ref low signal is a ground reference inside the HEI module.
The