[Gmecm] Piggyback ignition modules

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Sun Mar 19 20:44:02 UTC 2006

Do you need the dual modules?  A 7 pin module functions much like the
earlier module without the 5V bypass signal.  And it will supply REF
pulses for the ecm.

Zaphod

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Gibson <andrewsharyn at yahoo.com>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 22:11:13 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [Gmecm] Piggyback ignition modules

   Has anyone done a piggyback dual gm ignition module setup? I just
tried one
while converting my chev truck and the pickup coil will not provide
enough juice
to run the module for spark unless the one to provide signal to the ecm
is
unplugged from the pickup coil. Once running and plugged back in the
truck runs
fine.

   Since I know this is going to be asked, I am running the 2.5L tech4
injection
on a 250 cid inline 6cyl. Hooking up the EST is planned for the future,
but not
until I get the timing tables sorted out. (Disributorless ecm on a
distributor
system)