[Gmecm] a question of timing

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Mon Mar 20 16:09:31 UTC 2006

Looked like you weren't as happy with using the MSD.  Comments like
"I'd really like to know more about interfacing FAST setup with older
gmecm" and "I want to use the 7749 for fuel control" can be read to
mean "I don't want to use the MSD but don't know how to do it any other
way."  Then including a message from AS&M which seems to answer the
"how do I do this with Edist" question with nothing more than "you can
spend more money" not only fails to answer "how do I do this" but is
typical of aftermarket dealers - "buy more of our stuff!"

Just wanted to make sure the "you don't have to buy more of our stuff"
answer was out there.

Zaphod

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike V <efi at dyakron.com>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:46:05 -0500
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] a question of timing

 I didn't say that it couldn't be done. Bruce Plecan did it a
 couple years ago. There are many ways to accomplish a goal.
 My post was highlighting the decision process that led me away
 from eDist at the time. I'm sure it's a great product. MSD, on the
 other hand, got me the signal I need for $269, with a complete
 plug'-n-play programmable ignition for the LS1. That sounds
 easier to me.
 mv