[Gmecm] 4-Cyl 2.5L 151 CID Iron Duke TBI Converstion, Wiring Question:

Aphelion79 aphelion79
Tue Mar 21 01:04:26 UTC 2006

Hey all again...
    I've got everything hooked up... everything is seeming to get
power... except I've got no spark.  I looked around and realized, what
in the world is powering my ignition coil?  Nothing, oh great! LOL
OOPS... so my question to you all is, what can I wire that baby into?

Check diagram:
http://myweb.unomaha.edu/~mjwhitney/s10wiringdiagram.pdf

---

Starting at top left:
HOT IN START OR RUN
ECM I
10A... I have this wired into my OLD ignition switch positive wire...
that USED to go to the old ignition coil... on a 10A fuse...

A bit lower, just next to the FUEL INJECTOR
HOT IN START
CRANK
20A... I have this wired onto the little post on my starter solenoid...
on a 20A fuse...

Back to the top, two more lines over:
HOT AT ALL TIMES
ECM B
10A... I have this wired into my Alternator Post... on a 10A fuse...

---
So,
What can I use for my ignition coil power?  Perhaps use the old ignition
coil positive wire to trigger a relay... which, when the ignition turns
on, gives current to the ECM I, and also the PINK wire (far right hand
side on the "IGNITION COIL"?

I'm kinda electrically challenged... so please help me out if you can!

Thanks!
-Matt W.