[Gmecm] Off Topic - Poll

Mike Poore mp
Sat Mar 25 00:48:59 UTC 2006

I own a flower business. There was a problem with an order and the
customer thinks I haven't treated him fairly. Since none of you know me,
I thought I could get unbiased opinions from you. I want to treat my
customers fairly, so I need to know if I am wrong.

Here's the story:

A man ordered flowers for his wife to be delivered to her job. Someone
messed up and didn't include the enclosure card with the flowers. (An
enclosure card is a computer printed card for customers to include a
short message with the flowers like "I love you, Bob.") The wife called
our store and said she didn't get a card. We apologized and read the
message to her over the phone. We also gave the sender a discount on the
order. We should have offered to deliver the card, but that wasn't done.
There is no dispute regarding the flowers as the husband and wife agree
that they were nice. So the issue is purely the card.

What percentage discount is fair? Please answer in percentages from 0%
(no discount) to 100% (free).

I am very interested in your response.

Thanks, Mike