[Gmecm] Help with unusual BLM's

ahuxtable at sola.com.au ahuxtable
Mon Mar 27 01:36:29 UTC 2006

It's a map based system 1227808 - Aussie Holden Astra 1.8.

MAP and TPS readings seem to match up ok.  Doesn't seem too out of the
ordinary.

Exhaust has good flow.

If it was high fuel pressure or something like that, wouldn't it try to
lean the engine based on low BLM's?  It's as if the computer is
deliberately trying to make it run rich.

-----Original Message-----
From: gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:gmecm-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of David Allen
Sent: Monday, 27 March 2006 1:43 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Help with unusual BLM's

These come to mind off-hand. There are probably others... Is it a
metered-air system or a speed-density system?

-high fuel pressure
-fuel-logged evaporative cannister
-leaking fuel press. diaphragm
-TPS giving intermittent false delta TPS even though throttle is not
really
moving.
-leaking injectors

If it's a speed-density setup the following also could affect it:
-loss of VE due to engine wear, exhaust clogged, etc.
-MAP sensor hose damaged giving false high MAP reading but not so high
the
code sets.

David