[Gmecm] Can I burn the eeprom using a picstart plus programmer from Microchip?

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Fri May 5 14:29:50 UTC 2006

Joshua, if your picstart software has a setting for programming EPROMS
then it will work.  But if it's list of supported devices is only PICs,
then it won't work.  I suspect this will be the case.  You can go to the
gmecm page (www.diy-efi.org/gmecm) and read the FAQ to learn about
burners and erasers.  But before investing your money there, look into
upgrading your computer to use a flash chip instead of an EPROM.  Much
easier and faster.  There should be some info in the gmecm archives, if
not search in the diy_prom section of thirdgen.org.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.