[Gmecm] Back to square one

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Sat May 13 04:16:01 UTC 2006

The main VE tables cover up to 1 BAR.  In 2 BAR mode, higher pressures
use a fuel multiplier against the 100 kPa entry for the appropriate
rpm.  Spark tables cover the range from 30 kPa to 200 kPa.  I haven't
looked through the code to see if flipping the 1 BAR bit forces the
code to use the 20 to 100 kPa entries, or if it rescales the table for
100 kPa max with 2x the resolution.  If it's the latter, then the
values in the timing tables would be incorrect for the MAP range they
apply to.

What I can say with certainty is that flipping the bit to 1 BAR and
connecting to a 1 BAR sensor produced poor idle and driveability in my
car.  I had no desire to chase the reason, I simply switched to a 2 BAR
sensor.  I valued the time spent more than the potential for education.

Wasn't making fun of you on the code modification.  I hope it didn't
read that way.  That's just the way I talk sometimes.

There used to be a turbo Sunbird calibration in the .bin library.   I'm
not sure where they disappeared to.  Are you using a manual or
automatic transmission?  If you want to send your mystery sunbird.bin
calibration I can probably identify it for you.  There are several
factory calibrations for the 'Birds.

You can load the 4 cylinder calibration directly onto the memcal.
There's no need to play with the 6 cylinder version.

Yes, the information you linked to on Thirdgen.org looks like what I
was thinking of.  Ludis Langens made a nice equivalency chart for 7727
<-> 7730 pin functions.  Sorry, I don't have a direct link.  I just use
Google.

The AYBN hac which is floating around was likely authored by the same
person who wrote the 8D hack.  It's not complete, nor is it completely
accurate.  But it is a decent starting point.  It's acceptable for use
with the Sunbird code, although certain minor functions differ between
the two applications.

Zaphod