[Gmecm] Re: injection acronyms, injector placement

William Lucke william.lucke
Sun May 14 02:22:03 UTC 2006

I've never heard of a diesel that didn't have direct injection... I
thought that was a staple of diesel operation in order to ensure that
the combustion event occured at the proper time... like spark timing on
a spark ignition engine. Which ones weren't direct?

> From: davesnothereman at netscape.net
> Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Understanding injection system acronyms
>
> Yep.  Injection type depends on placement of injectors, not number of
> throttle plates.  Diesels have either indirect or  direct injection and
> no throttle plates.
>
> Individual throttle barrels may need a common connection for MAP
> reference to work with a  speed density system.
>
> Zaphod

I'm aware that the ricers do it... It's my opinion that extra injectors
with a turbo kit are just a bandaid because the turbo kits that include
extra injectors do not include correct engine management (this applies
no matter how pretty the billet aluminum housing is... it's still a
billet aluminum bandaid). I was referring to well setup and correctly
managed engines that are just too big for single injector per cylinder
(like 3,000 HP alcohol burners running 40# of boost on 10:1 compression).