[Gmecm] Back to square one

davesnothereman at netscape.net davesnothereman
Sun May 14 20:17:59 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Handley <Robin at FuryWorld.fsnet.co.uk>
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org
Sent: Sun, 14 May 2006 06:44:57 +0100
Subject: Re: [Gmecm] Back to square one

"My GMECM was running the ignition on a Ford (Kent) Crossflow (highly
tweaked
1600cc) but I replaced with with a Vauxhall 2.0XE (cylinder head design
by
Cosworth)."

I was actually hoping you would tell me it's the 2.0 Vauxhall.  Are you
aware that the engine you're using is a close cousin to the 2.0L engine
used in the Pontiac Sunbird?  The Sunbird engine used with the 7749 is
a C20LET, an 8V version with forged pistons and very poor port flow.
Are you using a distributor in the Coscast head?  If your block and
crank have provisions for the Bosch DIS system it's possible to switch
to a Delco DIS module and use the 7749 or the 7730 / 7727 after some
minor machine work.  While you're looking to switch engine management
systems, I've been looking at 16V heads and Euro engines.

"> The promid will usually work, but I can compare the checksum to the
> values in the calibration and sometimes come up with a proper ID.
> Promid 3411 is AUWR3607, 1987 Sunbird GT 2.0 Turbo, manual trans.

The checksum is $D1EE in all the versions that I have. That would be
great.
Thanks. :-) "

:)  I also need the calibration to compare the checksum against.  But
it's not necessary, the scan id was enough.  As I said, promid 3411
(hex value  $0D53) is for AUWR3607.  You probably have the same
calibration under different names.

"Thanks for all your continued help. :-)"

Robin

No problem.

Zaphod

Try the New Netscape Mail Today!